One in five children are at risk of going hungry in Georgia. But you can help.
Join the Georgia Accounting Food Fight | August 12-23, 2019
The Georgia Society of CPAs and Georgia’s accounting community are using their one voice to create a friendly food and fund drive competition among Georgia accounting professionals to support Georgia’s eight regional Food Banks. For each dollar donated, we can provide four meals to children and others in need. Compete to help the regional food bank that serves your community!
Who: Accounting firms and industry accounting departments competing to raise food and funds
When: Competition runs from August 12-23, 2019
Rules: Only food and funds raised between August 12 and August 23 will count towards the competition. Each pound of food will count as one point. Each dollar contributed will count as four points. Bonus points will be given for signing up early, volunteering, participating in social media and delivering donations directly to your food bank.
Awards: When registering, count each person working at your firm or in your industry accounting department, regardless of position. The team that raises the most points per employee will win the Food Hero award. Additional awards will be given out to top firms in different size categories and the top industry accounting departments based on total points and points per employee.
Why Compete? The Georgia Accounting Food Fight is an opportunity for team building among employees, for gaining positive exposure in both your community and the profession, and for engaging clients in your efforts and giving them recognition; all while impacting the lives of Georgia families through the food bank that serves your local community!
Scroll down for the Accounting Food Fight timeline and information on registration, scoring, collecting food and funds, and delivering your donations. Find social media graphics here.
August 1 – 23: Registration is OPEN! Register by August 1st to receive 100 Bonus Points
August 12 – 23: ACCOUNTING FOOD FIGHT! Only food and funds raised during this time count towards the competition.
August 24: Submit your End of Campaign Form deadline
August 28: Last day to get food and fund donations to your Food Bank!
- Click on the button at the bottom of the page to register your team.
- If you sign up by August 1st, you get 100 bonus points!
- The “Captain” listed should be the designated contact person at your company. They will receive all competition related communications and it is up to them to share the information with their colleagues.
- List your company name as you would like it on materials.
- When you sign up, include the total number of employees in your company. If you are a participating Accounting Department, you should only count the number of employees in the department, not the entire company.
- Companies with multiple office locations in Georgia should sign up individually so that we can connect them with the correct Food Bank. They should only list the number of employees in their specific office. At the end of the competition, the totals from all of the offices will be aggregated and the company will compete as a single entity for the awards.
- $1=4 points. 1 pound of food = 1 point. AKA money is gold in this competition!
- There are multiple BONUS POINTS opportunities:
- EARLY BIRD BONUS: Register by August 1 for 100 Bonus Points!
- VOLUNTEER BONUS: Companies that volunteer at their regional Food Bank between August 1 and August 23 will receive 100 bonus points added to their total score.
- SOCIAL MEDIA BONUS: Post about the competition on your company’s social media platforms using the hashtag #GAFoodFight and tag the Georgia Food Bank Association between August 1-23 for a one-time Bonus of 100 Points!
- VIDEO BONUS: Have an executive level employee create video promoting the competition or issuing a challenge to other companies for 500 bonus points!
- END OF CAMPAIGN FORM BONUS: Complete the form by August 24 for 100 points.
- REFERRAL BONUS: Receive 100 bonus points for every firm or company that you refer to the competition who did not compete last year. They must actually raise or food or funds during the competition in order to count.
- DELIVERY BONUS: Deliver your donations the week following the competition by June 15 directly to your regional food bank for a 25% bonus to your total competition points. You need to do this to stay competitive! Online donations count as delivered.
COLLECTING FOOD & FUNDS
The competition is August 12-23, 2019. ALL fundraising and food collection must take place during this period. Any money or food collected before or after these dates will not count toward your total, unless it is a specially sanctioned event.
- Contributions of money are tax-deductible and are very welcome.
- Online donations can be made at the donation link provided to your team before the start of the competition, and will be listed here once the competition begins.
- Checks should be made payable to your regional Food Bank you are assigned to. Make sure to indicate on the “for” line that the check is for the Accounting Food Fight competition and which company you are contributing for!
- Capital Campaign gifts will NOT be counted towards your competition totals.
Collecting Non-Perishable Food:
- Food items will be weighed by your regional Food Bank at the end of the campaign.
- Most needed food items are Peanut Butter, Canned Tuna, Canned Beans, Canned Soups, Stews, Pastas, 100% Fruit Juice, Canned Fruits, Vegetables, Macaroni and Cheese Dinners, Whole Grains, Low Sugar Cereals (boxed).
- Candy will not be counted.
- Please don’t donate food items in glass containers – they have a high risk of breaking.
- Please do not open items that are already packed in cases, cartons, or boxes. This will make it easier for the Food Bank to pick up.
DELIVERING FOOD & FUNDS TO YOUR FOOD BANK
- On Friday, August 23, fill out the online “End of Campaign” form for your regional Food Bank.
- All donations must be delivered to or picked up by your Food Bank by August 26 to count in your competition totals.
- If a company delivers all food and monetary contributions to their regional food bank the company will receive a 25% bonus of tabulated points! Online donations count as “delivered.”
- If you want your food donations to be picked up, you must notify the Food Bank of the approximate amount of food you have collected on the end of campaign form in order for the transportation department to prepare properly. Your Food Bank may not pick it up if it is under a certain amount.
If your company only has a monetary contribution and wants it to be picked up, this must be communicated at the time your pick-up date is assigned so the Food Bank can send the appropriate vehicle to your company.
VIP MATCHING – THE WAY TO WIN
Whoever makes a major donation or matches donations up to $500 or more will be recognized by name on the Bytes for Bites website based on the levels listed below. You could even have multiple VIPs from your team. This includes:
- Your firm or company (we can look up if you already have a matching program in place!)
- A managing partner or employee
- A client
- An outside company, group, or individual
VIP Matching Levels:
Platinum | $10,000+
Gold | $5,000+
Silver | $2,500+
Bronze | $1,000+
Copper | $500+
HOW MATCHING WORKS
While anyone can simply make a major donation and be recognized as a VIP, we encourage you to increase employee engagement by offering to “match donations.” Here are examples:
- Matching Ratios. The matcher can “DOUBLE DONATIONS” by pledging to donate $1 for every $1 raised during the competition or TRIPLE donations by donating $2 for every $1 raised. They can also do a .5 = 1 ratio, 50 cents for every $1 raised, and so on.
- You can apply a maximum to matching. The matcher can pledge to match up to $1,000 in donations or $5,000 in donations, etc.
- Limit matching to a specific day. The matcher could pledge to match all donations on the first day of the competition or the final day.
- Have an idea? Let us know! We are open to creative matching ideas that will increase your impact.
- Increase your ability to fight hunger! This will increase employee buy-in! Studies show that mentioning matching has led to a 51% increase in donations from individuals. Every match has the possibility to double or triple the amount of meals the food banks can distribute with your donations.
- Get an edge in the competition! The matching contribution will count towards your firm or organization’s competition point total, so you will be much more competitive!
- Get extra recognition! This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your brand and to gain recognition on the Georgia Food Bank Association website. The matcher will be placed in one of the recognition tiers below based on how much they pledge to donate and, ultimately, how much they do donate.
Does your team plan on matching? Fill out the form here.
More details & resources will be sent to you before the start of the competition. Best of luck!